Thursday, September 25, 2008

Two weekends ago...

...when the remnant of Hurricane Henry (I think it was Henry) blew through the neighborhood,


I spent the day warm and cozy on my living room floor, on top of the big fluffy Ravens blanket Mom gave Matt for Christmas (all four of us--kittens included--love that thing), watching old movies and being unabashedly domestic. I pulled out my long-neglected jewelry making supplies and spent hours putting purple beads on pins with the idea that I would make a necklace. I made lots of dangling sets of beads, but lost interest before managing to string them together!




Then, I made my first homemade apple pie, which was insanely fun and easy and delicious.

Later, I also took some of the many many many tomatoes we've grown and I peeled them and chopped them and strained the seeds out and made homemade tomato sauce in my favorite pot, which was warm and wonderful in wheat penne that I baked with a bit of shredded cheese.

Another weekend is on its way, but I think I'll just spend it knitting!

No comments: