Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Feet

Yesterday, I signed up for the Get Fit Maryland challenge to walk 10,000 steps a day. It's a 12-week walking program where you pay $10-$12 to join, and are given pedometer, a log book to record your steps, and health information, tips, and offers. You also get a free 30-day membership to any Merritt Athletic Club. There are incentive prizes for completing your log book and prizes at the completion of the program. But I'm doing it less for the gym membership I'd never use or prizes, and more so for the pedometer and nudge to get walking. So far, I've been walking in place while washing my hands in the WC, walking to ask my coworkers questions rather than IMing them, marching around in the elevator... and generally looking like a crazy lady.

Today, Court told me about Socktoberfest. It's pretty loose: just a group of knitters who plan to work on socks and post pictures during October. I'm definitely going to join and will try to have my first pair of socks knitted by Halloween. It gives me an excuse to spend time on my beloved Ravelry page, and I have two more pairs I need to get started on, anyway!

No comments: