Saturday, February 16, 2008

Welcome to my life...

I had a MySpace page for a while, but just didn't LIKE it. So I deleted it and am starting over... and I guess I should start with an "about me," right?

I am close to my family and a bit of a home-body. I prefer intimate groups to large crowds. I love animals. I am sometimes a bit suspicious of people, yet try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I tend to get along best with the very young or very old.

I spend my weekdays working as a Project Manager at an ad agency, and my weekends being spoiled by my husband, who makes the loveliest eggs without fail or complaint every Saturday and takes me to breakfast every Sunday.

I adore going on dates with my husband, especially to nice restaurants. I like the idea of living simply, but you wouldn’t know it from looking in my closet. I like to cook, and am trying to bake more. I read nearly everything I get my hands on, and I love movies. I barely every watch television.

Craft-wise, I love trying new things. I’ve explored personal essays, drawing, painting, jewelry-making, cross-stitching, crocheting and most recently, knitting. I like the idea of needlework for several reasons, perhaps most so because it is a practical (often wearable!) art, something I can take pride in in a tangible way.

I’ve had trouble sleeping for as long as I remember, and I worry about the state of the world. A lot. So I try to do what I can to make it a better place. One stitch at a time, right?

No comments: