Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh, What a Night

We had a test run of what our evenings will be like when I go back to work, and it's not pretty. Right now, I get home at 7 pm. Granted, daycare closes at 6 pm so I'm going to have to either convince my employer to let me move my day back an hour, or figure out a secondary transportation/daycare option. If the former works out, I'll have an extra hour in my evenings, which would be FANTASTIC but still not ideal. Nonetheless, starting at 7 pm, my evening went something like this:
  • 7 pm - Matt gets home. I have Evelyn while he gets the trash together, etc.
  • 7:30 - Start dinner while Matt takes Evelyn
  • 8:30 - Finish cooking, but put it aside so Matt can bathe Evelyn while I pump
  • 9:30 - Matt feeds Evelyn while I pack his lunch, and wash dishes and bottles
  • 10 pm - Evelyn is fed, changed, and put to bed. We finally eat a cold dinner.
  • 10:30 - Wash dinner dishes. Whine about hands looking like a crone's. Matt gets in the shower while I blog.
It's our goal to be in bed by 10:30 so we can get at least seven hours of sleep, including waking to feed Evelyn around 3 or 4 am. It's doable, but it looks like we won't be seeing much of our baby when we get home from work, considering all that needs to be done in the three-and-a-half hours we'll have between walking in the door and falling in the bed. NOT a good feeling.

No comments: