Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Uniform Project

I just came across the coolest blog. The Uniform Project is the brainchild of Sheena Matheiken, who has pledged to wear one of seven identical dresses every day for a year, starting May 2009. Every day she reinvents the dress with vintage, hand-made, or hand-me-down accessories. She calls it an exercise in sustainable fashion. I call it genius! I should totally do this after giving birth. To hell with fitting into my old clothes!



Matheiken is using this intiative as a fundraiser for the Akanksha Foundation, a grassroots project working to fund uniforms and educational expenses for children living in Indian slums.

Check it out!

1 comment:

Lisa Resnick said...

I'm personally a big fan of Heaven Underfoot blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path service