Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baby Prezzies!

If there is anything that might come close to the thrill of presents, it’s presents for the baby! And I got her first one in the mail last week. I have an insane registry going at Babies R Us, and someone scrolled through and got the Baby Einstein Lights & Melodies Discovery Center, one of those toys that allows you to put your baby on her back and prop the toy above her, and pray it entertains her long enough for you to go to the bathroom. Whoot! She had a dresser/changing table, a crib, countless bodysuits, and now an activity center!! I really hope she likes it.

Speaking of the countless bodysuits, my mom (who is knitting and crocheting bunches of adorable things) told me I have to STOP BUYING THAT BABY CLOTHES. On the way to her house Sunday, we stopped at Kohl’s and I got a long-sleeved bodysuit, a short sleeved one embroidered with a kitten, and a green velvet dress (which, I’ll have you know, Matt picked out). And they were on clearance! And I was really going to Kohl’s for maternity clothes! But I didn’t see anything I cared for, and I just happened to fall into the baby section! But she’s worried that people will get me clothes as baby gifts that the little monster will never get to wear. Says the woman who is knitting and crocheting sweaters. I’m just saying.

So people, I’m telling you now: get something off the registry! (And make sure you order FROM the registry if you order online… I need to take that activity center off the registry now!) Or buy clothes that are 3-6 months, or older. Or buy books... we also went to a used book store on the way to Mom's, and loaded up on some learn-to-count books, several Golden Books, Green Eggs and Ham (one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books!), a Winnie-the-Pooh book that has the original four stories, and one of the Madeline books. Funny how so much can be "on the way to Mom's."

And I must say: Yay for prezzies!

(P.S. Matt has to remind me that these are not presents for ME. But they do feel like it!)

No comments: