Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Fink I'm Detting a Told

Perhaps cold viruses should run our nation's military operations. They seem pretty adept at sneaking up on you and striking a massive attack before you suspect anything is amiss. That's how it is for me: one day I'm nursing the image of my hard candy exterior, and the next morning, I wake up barely able to breathe. So in honor of my gooey marshmallow center, I give you things for which I am grateful when I fink I'm detting a told:

* A warm, purring kitty cat laying across my chest in the morning.
* An extra box of Ultra Soft Kleenex in the back of the linen closet, perfect to perch on my desk at work.
* Emergency box of soy milk, so I can have a cup of coffee without mucus-thickening dairy.
* Comfy yet work-appropriate clothes.
* A supply of honey at home and at work.
* The lovely lentil soup I made earlier this week.
* Friends who give you sympathy even when they have their own things to worry about.
* Cold medicine!
* It being the end of the week; maybe I can get some extra sleep.
* Extra vacation days, in case I decide to convelesce at home tomorrow.

No comments: