Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This Morning, I Saw a Gray Stray Tabby...

...the little kitty was creeping around the Educate building and I wanted to park my car and dash after him, clean him and feed him and take him home. But I know I can't do that unless I plan to keep him forever, so I just watched his lean little body from my car and hoped that there is some soft heart in the city who leaves food out for him every night.

------------------

Matt's out of town again this week, in St. Louis. Somehow, this week has been easier than last, even though I went out with Carlos on Tuesday and had a party at work Thursday night. Carlos and I saw "The Dark Knight" which was more along the lines of the types of superhero movies I can appreciate: mysterious and bleak with imperfect characters and a realistic ending. I'll likely go see it again with Matt this weekend.

The Planit party was tolerable. The food wasn't very good, and I probably only had one glass of wine all night. I stayed until the majority of my clients had left, disentangled myself from the admirer from the office next door, and went home around 9pm. Matt got home later that night; it was probably the first night last week that I slept well.

------------------

Last Saturday, we visited Walt's produce stand, then went to a cookout at Jeff & Lacey's. It had been a while since we've seen them, and some other old co-workers I hadn't seen in a while. Carlos, of course, was there too. Long time no see! Seeing Carlos always makes me happy. :)

------------------

On Monday morning, I dropped Matt off at the airport and got to work about an hour early. I went home and made caponata for dinner and watched Volver and went to bed later than I should have. Last night, I went to Michael's on my way home and bought size eight circular needles for a shirt I want to knit, then started a swatch while watching Auntie Mame, finishing a dozen rows of 30 stitches each... and some pomegranate ice cream. Lovely!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, seeing you is always a thrill. Now go spell 'Knight' correctly! :p

Markorama said...

dont' worry I made sure the gray tabby found his way to the back of Chu's Sushi.

By the way 2 people have recommended Atlas Shrugged to me. What do you think?

Jeff said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! It was good to see you and Matt, too.