Monday, July 21, 2008

Just Too Tired

It was one of those nights where it wasn't just that I had trouble falling or staying asleep, but I couldn't fall asleep. I just laid in bed with my mind swirling for hours, then read a bit, then did some puzzles, then went to the bathroom, then got a snack, then laid back in bed for a few more hours. As is often the case when this happens, I fell asleep in between the time Matt's alarm went off and my alarm followed. Thus, I didn't get to take him to the airport, and I wasn't asleep enough to hit the "snooze" button as often as I normally do, so I got up and threw on some jeans and went to work early.

The funny thing is, by the time I finished my blueberry bagel, it was time for lunch with my old boss, J. She seems to be doing well, and I'm a bit envious of her career and family and, well, activity. But that may be because I'm just too tired to fathom that in my own life right now.

I had planned to go to Whole Foods after work, but was still just too tired. I did, however, go to the library (I got some decorating books and Homeland by Barbara Kingsolver) then home, where I pattered a bit listlessly in the garden, then heated leftovers for dinner, then rearranged tables in the living room. I need some end tables. I don't think I'd like anything too structured, but I need something that can store a ton of magazines, a few books, a notebook, a pen, and have room for a glass of water on top. I'm thinking of some nesting tables from Crate & Barrel or mini trunks or drums. I like the idea of something small and round. Or not. Maybe something unexpected. Or just a better magazine rack than the basket I'm using, with a ledge for a drink. I'm starting to understand people who get sets of furniture from The Room Store, though that's never been my thing. I probably see an antiquing day in Matt's future. I don't know. I'm just too tired to think about it.

I think I'll go to bed!

No comments: