Saturday, March 8, 2008

Samedi, jusqu'ici

I slept in a bit, braved an egg scrambled with asparagus, showered and got dressed. We had to go to Patient First so I could give another urine sample, and to CVS to pick up my prescriptions (and shampoo, and mascara, since we were there anyway...). We finished watching The Unbearable Lightness of Being, which I thought was wonderful. I should get the book; I'm sure that will be even better.

I managed some mashed potatoes, and later made pita chips (from homemade pita bread) and a white bean dip, though I didn't eat dinner. We played Scrabble down to the last seven or so tiles, and I got lucky enough to beat M:

and now he is reading while update my blog. I need to update my Ravelry blog as well, with my latest crochet projects. I finished Sweet Pea (and wore it to work on Thursday):

I'm very happy with it; it was a quick project, and though the yarn was an inexpensive acrylic/soy blend, it's soft and comforting.

And of course, there is Chanson en Crochet, which my mom finished a while ago, much to my delight:

She claims it doesn't look as good as it did in the pattern's pictures, but I think it is uniqe and gorgeous. It's made with Cascade 220 wool, is snug and still smells like my mommy. :)

I haven't decided what to do next, but will keep you posted. In the meantime... sweet dreams.

No comments: