Sunday, August 9, 2009

Went to My Cousin's Baby Shower...GOT MORE PRESENTS

Yup, that's right. My cousin brought me presents to her own baby shower. Evelyn got a polka-dot gown/hat/bootie set, a beautiful white floral footed sleeper, a pink-polka dot romper with a coordinating t-shirt, a whipe-clean bib, a super-soft teddy bear that plays a lullabye, a set of three spoons (young infant, infant, and toddler sized), a set of three feeding bowls with lids and a suction cup that will (hopefully!) prevent her from knocking it off of her tray, some baby hangers, and eco-friendly table toppers (so if we go to a restaurant, I don't have to worry whether the table is sanitary). Quite the haul!

Sabrina's shower went off well, and we were two of three pregnant ladies there. Matt thinks it must have been a very boring November. The drive down there wasn't too bad (two hours; I stopped about an hour in to walk and go to the bathroom), and I was surprised that I didn't have my usual mini panic attack upon entering St. Mary's County, and that it had been so long since I've been down there that I had no idea how to navigate. I passed my middle school almost without realizing it, and passed the intersection where my father and I were involved in a serious car crash without realizing it was now a four-way stop. (As a result of our accident? I wonder!)

The party was fun. There were a few games (damn it, I didn't win!) including guess the chocolate candy smashed in the diaper. Which was DISGUSTING! Sabrina looked great, and got a lot of very cute boy stuff. Hopefully, I'll get a copy of the picture of us standing together with our matching big bellies!!

No comments: