Sunday, January 4, 2009

Telling Mom

Matt and I went to my mom's house on New Year's Day, after taking Alex to the ER at Falls Road Animal Hospital. We were pretty stressed and worried about Alex, and I know I was ready to see my mom. We sat and knitted for a few minutes, and talked. I told her I wanted to get my knitting done so I could concentrate on the tome I was reading, then asked she get it out of my purse. She pulled What to Expect When You Are Expecting out, looked at it and asked with little hope, "What? Are you expecting?"


"Yes!"


And she got so excited, she cried, and threw her arms around me.

Bob came running out of his room, asking what was going on, and when we told him, he hugged me and sniffled, too. Then said, "I am so going to spoil that kid!" and retreated to his room.


I have a feeling he won't be the only one.

No comments: