Friday, January 9, 2009

Week Eight, Already!

I’m guessing that I’m rounding out my eighth week already. That would mean the baby is about half an inch right now; the size of a raspberry. It’s starting to look more baby-like and is even starting to develop a face, and webbed fingers and toes. Isn’t that nuts??

I still haven’t had any morning sickness, and very little heartburn. My mom tells me that she didn't get morning sickness with any of her three kids. What a relief! I get pains in my stomach (which are supposed to be growing pains), have been spotting a little each day (which freaks me out, but a friend with an eight month old tells me it happens) and my breasts are tender. But that’s it. We have a nurse’s appointment 1/14 and finally see the doctor 1/22. I’ll almost be through my first trimester by then! Matt said he’s going to try to go to all of our doctor appointments, even the quick check-ups. He kisses my belly when he gets home at night. It’s really sweet.

I told Matt I have a feeling it’s a girl. Apparently, pregnant moms guess correctly something like 75% of the time! Now we are debating whether we want to find out...

No comments: